Do you have what it takes to Tahoe? Our Self-Guided trips or Gear Rental packages are designed for the experienced, independent backpacker. Whether you prefer to take off on your own adventure or use the support of one of our featured hikes, we have the gear and maps to cover your wilderness venture.
We have handpicked some of our favorite routes through world class Tahoe and Sierra trails. We have also selected a collection of essential Ultra-light backpacking items to support your trip. The rest of the adventure is all yours. You choose your pace, where you want to stop for the night and how far you want to walk in a day. We will provide the maps, emergency locator, ultra-light and state of the art backpacking gear options and transfers. You provide your adventurous spirit.
Why wait? Seize your day and….Just Go!
Featured Hikes: Pacific Crest Trail and Tahoe Rim Trail.
In the Tahoe region, two of North Americas most inspiring and panoramic treks converge, the Pacific Crest Trail and the Tahoe Rim Trail. We will outfit you for the adventure. All you need to bring is your intrepid spirit and your sense of exploration.
The Pacific Crest Trail
The Pacific Crest Trail is a long-distance trail closely aligned with the highest portion of the Sierra Nevada and Cascade mountain ranges, which lie 100 to 150 miles east of the U.S. Pacific coast. The trail’s southern terminus is on the U.S. border with Mexico, and its northern terminus on the edge of Manning Park in British Columbia, Canada; its corridor through the U.S. is in the states of California, Oregon, and Washington.
This trail has inspired some of the world’s heartiest hikers and adventurers. This trek ranges from deserts to mountain tops and volcanoes to redwoods. The Pacific Crest Trails 2,663 miles demands respect and ranges in elevation from just above sea level in Oregon border to 13,153 feet at Forester Pass in the Sierra Nevada. The route passes through 25 national forests and 7 national parks. Its midpoint is in Chester, California (near Mt. Lassen), where the Sierra and Cascade Mountain ranges meet.
Purchase a 3-day backpacking kit and we will throw in a Pacific Crest Trail Association Membership.
All members will receive:
- A subscription to the PCT Communicator, PCTA’s full color, members-only magazine.
- A one-year subscription to Backpacker Magazine.
- A Pacific Crest Trail decal.
- Discounts on PCTA store items and activities.
- Invitations to participate in trail classes and volunteer trail projects.
- The rewarding satisfaction of supporting and preserving the PCT. This membership helps to protect and preserve this National Scenic trail for future generations to enjoy.
For more information regarding the PCTA, visit www.PCTA.org
Follow Wendy Lautner, author of- Day & Section Hikes Pacific Crest Trail: Northern California on some of her favorite Tahoe portions of the PCT:
The Tahoe Rim Trail
The Tahoe Rim Trail is one of North Americas’ premier trails. It passes through two states (California and Nevada), six counties, one state park, three National Forests, and three Wilderness areas. This spectacular trail is 165 miles of single-track multiuse trail, winds from peak to peak around Lake Tahoe. From Giant Sugar Pine groves to jaw dropping Lake Tahoe vistas, the brisk mountain air and freedom will reignite your soul.
Purchase a 3-day backpacking kit and we will throw in a Tahoe Rim Trail Association Membership.
All members will receive:
- A subscription to the TRTA electronic Trail Blazer magazine
- TRTA window decal
- 10% discount on all TRTA merchandise
- An invitation to the TRTA annual meeting
- The rewarding satisfaction of supporting/preserving the TRT, one of N. Americas’ most scenic backpacking gems.
For more information regarding the TRTA, visit www.trta.org
Follow Tim Hauserman, author of- Tahoe Rim Trail: The official guide for hikers, mountain bikers and equestrians on two of the TRT’s most inspiring treks:
All our Self Guided Adventures Include:
- maps / compass
- route description
- emergency tracker
- first aid kit / essential items: matches/fire starters, soap, sanitizer, insect repellent
- ultra-light tents, backpacks, sleeping pads and sleeping bags,
- food 1 person (breakfast, lunch, dinner, tea coffee, trail snacks)
- cooking kits
- ultra light stoves/fuel
- water purifiers
- pre-trip equipment training and route overview
- advice on equipment, clothing and food
At additional costs, we can also provide:
- transportation to and from trailheads.
- food for additional person(s) breakfast, lunch, dinner, tea / coffee, trails snacks.
- additional fuel.
- an experienced guide on sanctioned trails.
- pre-tour and post-tour lodging @ Cedar House Sport Hotel.
Whether you choose to embark on a segment hike or you want to conquer an entire multiday expedition, we have you covered. Ask us about our weeklong discounts. You’ll spend less money and more time under Tahoe stars.