Wilderness Camping and Lodge-Based Adventure
You want a challenge and we have hand-crafted one that will keep you smiling, ear to ear. Level 3 treks may incorporate steeper more rugged terrain where elevation may exceed 10,000 feet depending on tour. Your “Get your Tahoe On” Level 3 trip may be one with an overnight backpacking trip, where participants are required to carry backpacks weighing 20lbs. We encourage participants to begin a healthy training regimen before undertaking a level 3 adventures. See all Trip Fitness Levels.
- Introduction to the fundamentals of backpacking – Why Backpack?
- Introduction to ultra-light and non ultra-light backpacking gear – Why ultra-light? Why not?
- Two days of hiking with overnight wilderness camping
- Knowledgeable, professional, wilderness guides who are as passionate about backpacking as they are about sharing Tahoe’s natural treasures with you.
- One night accommodation and dinner at the award-winning Cedar House Sport Hotel and Stella restaurant on your final night.
Do invigorating hikes with majestic views followed by evenings under champagne stars sound irresistible to you? If so… don your hiking boots and join us for a unique Tahoe experience and adventure.
Each detail of your trip is crafted for the aspiring backpacker to connect with the true Tahoe experience, while learning the basics of backcountry trekking. We will give you the 101 on backcountry alpine camping.
You too can learn to become a backpacking gourmand. Test your courage and titillate your senses with a forest night hike. We will give you the ins and outs of enjoying nature, up close and personal. Your guide will lead you to high alpine lakes and inspiring views that go on forever. Celebrate your accomplishments with a final evening’s dinner at the award-winning Stella restaurant. Indulge yourself, with a dip in the jacuzzi before snuggling into your down comforter and cozy bed for the evening. As you slip into a restful night’s sleep, sweet dreams of your next wilderness adventure will have you coming back for more.